Along with online blackjack, roulette is one of the most popular casino table games worldwide. At a glance, the roulette table layout might look daunting but once you put your mind to it, online roulette is a fairly easy game to play and comprehend.
Following the standard roulette layout found at most American casinos, you can place your bet on any single number (straight up), a combination of numbers, red or black, odd or even on any number between 1 and 36 and 0 and 00.
Roulette Game Explained
Each online roulette game kicks off when the dealer spins the wheel in one direction whilst rolling a small ball along the inner edge of the wheel in the opposite direction. The ball will eventually fall into one of the many slots. The number it falls on will be declared the winner of the game.
Table, Wheel and Payouts
The inside bets are placed on the inner field of the table, on the numbers 0 up to 36. There are 5 types of inside bets: Straight, Split, Street of Three line, Corner and Six line.
- Straight: a bet on a single number by placing a chip on the box that corresponds to that number.
- Split: a bet on two adjacent numbers, horizontally or vertically, by placing a chip on the line between the two adjacent boxes.
- Street of Three Line: a bet on a row of three numbers on a single horizontal line by placing a chip on the outer line of the number on the far left of the three numbers.
- Corner: a bet on four numbers that form a square, by placing a chip on the cross between the four numbers.
- Six Line: a bet on 6 adjacent numbers at the same time. If you want to bet on 1-6 for example, you place a chip on the T-junction on the far left between the 1 and the 4.
Outside bets are placed on the boxes around the inner field with the numbers 1 to 36. Basically there are 5 options to place an outside bet: Column, Dozen, High or Low, Red or Black and Odd or Even.
- Column Bet: a bet on one of the three vertical rows (left, middle, right) by placing a chip in the box at the bottom of the row, you then bet 12 numbers at the same time.
- Dozen Bet: a bet on 12 numbers in three consecutive rows, by placing a chip in one of the following areas: 1ste 12, 2nd 12, 3rd 12.
- High or Low bets: a bet on the high numbers (19-36) or the low numbers (1-18).
- Red or Black: a bet on a color (red or black) instead of on a number.
- Odd or Even: a bet on odd or even numbers.