Have you every pondered on why you can play superbly well at online poker one day and not so great the next? Many poker players feel that they are on a rollercoaster ride where one minute they’re at the top of their game and the next at the bottom.
Many seasoned online poker players know fairly well that there is lots of variance in the game. Being mentally able to deal with the ups and downs of the game is what makes a poker player successful. This is what is called Mental Strength.
Mental strength is especially important when you are dealing with problems, obstacles and even failure both in your personal life and at the poker table.
Mentally strong poker players are:
- Self-motivated. They push themselves towards success without being forced to work at this game. They love poker and are motivated enough to do whatever it will take to make them victorious.
- Realistically optimistic. They keep an optimistic attitude whilst still being realistic on what needs to be improved.
- Emotionally in control. They are able to control their emotions and thus are able to control their anger and frustrations.
- Calm under pressure. They see pressure situations as challenges that need to be conquered.
- Determined. They are relentless in the pursuit of their goals and refuse to give up.
- Focused. They are capable of long periods of intense concentration.
- Confident. They have a strong belief in themselves and in their ability to perform well.
- No excuses. They are able to take responsibility for their play and any mistakes made.