The following are the limits that can be won by a single customer in respect of any one-day's business in respect of horse racing.
• £100,000 – Horse racing where all the selections are in races governed by a full official service within the UK or Ireland, broadcast live by SIS or an alternative provider, including shows, offs, results and live pictures.
• £25,000 – Horse racing in all other countries.
• £25,000 – Trotting racing
• £25,000 – Virtual Racing
1. If the scheduled race venue is changed all bets will be made void.
2. Unless otherwise stated all race markets will be bound by the official result at the time of weigh in, with any following amendments or disqualifications made by governing bodies disregarded.
3. If a horse refuses to come out of the stalls or refuses to start but is deemed under starters orders that horse will be settled as a loser.
4. Antepost Bets. Antepost Bets are accepted as all in whether the horse runs or not. The selection will be voided if the race is abandoned, a horse is balloted, the venue changes or the horse has been withdrawn from the race at time of bet acceptance.
5. If an Antepost race is run at a later date at the same venue and entries are not re opened, bets will stand.
6. Forecasts Bets. Subject to the following rules, Forecasts Bets are accepted in singles only. Forecasts are available in races of three or more runners and will be settled in accordance with the requested forecast dividend, for example computer, Exacta etc. Forecasts Bets, inadvertently accepted in races with only two runners, will be settled as a win single on the selection nominated to finish first. Should one runner finish alone, Forecasts in which it is nominated as the winner are settled on the declared dividend unless none is given in which case Forecasts will be settled as a single at starting price of the runner (“SP”) or Pari-Mutuel price. If the Forecast contains a non runner, the bet will be void. Unnamed favourites are not accepted in Forecast betting.
7. Tricasts Bets. A Tricast is a bet where selections must finish first, second and third in the correct order, in races where a computer dividend is declared. They are accepted as singles only. Tricast Bets accepted for races where no Tricast dividend is declared will be settled as a Forecast, with the third selection ignored. Should a Tricast contain a non-runner, the total stake will be invested on a straight Forecast on the remaining selections in the order written. In the case of a full cover combination, the total stake will be divided equally as a reversed Forecast on the remaining selections. Should there be two non-runners, the Tricast will be settled as a win single on the remaining selection. For the purposes of settling, a permutation is considered as a series of straight Tricasts.
8. Walkovers. These count as races, but any horse so involved, will be treated as a non-runner.
9. Postponements. If a race is postponed to another day, with the exception of Antepost Bets, all selections will be made void, unless announced otherwise for exceptional cases such as the Grand National. If races are set back in time because of weather conditions, the settling of all bets for the meeting will be governed by the original advertised race times.
10. Fixed Odds Distance Betting. A fixed odds bet is available on selected horse race meetings based on predicting the correct total of the winning distances for all races at that meeting. The maximum distance for a single race is 12 lengths for Flat Race and 30 lengths for National Hunt. In the event of a Walkover, or all horses failing to complete a race, 2 lengths will be awarded to a Flat Race and 6 lengths will be awarded to a National Hunt race. If two or more races are abandoned then all bets will be void unless further races could not affect the result. The distance will be the official declared distance at the weigh in. Any subsequent alterations will not count for settlement purposes. The following list represents the numeric unit that is used in the calculation for distances less than one length.
- Nose - 0.05 Lengths
- Short Head - 0.10 Lengths
- Head - 0.20 Lengths
- Neck - 0.30 Lengths
- Half Length - 0.50 Lengths
- One Length - 1.00 Length etc.
11. Fixed Odds Favourite Betting. A fixed odds bet is also available at selected meetings and is based on a points system for the finishing positions of favourites in each race. The aim is to correctly predict the total number of points for the finishing positions of favourites in each race at the specified meeting. If the favourite is withdrawn then 10 points are awarded for that race. If there are joint or co favourites then the selection will be the one with the lowest race card number. In the event of a Walkover, or all horses failing to complete a race, 10 points will be awarded for that race. In the event of a Dead Heat then the points for each placing will be added and divided by the number of selections in the Dead Heat. In the event that one race is made void or abandoned then 10 points will be awarded for that race. If two or more races are abandoned then all bets will be void unless further races could not affect the result. The following is list of the number of points awarded for the relevant placing of favourites.
- First place 25 Points
- Second Place 10 Points
- Third Place 5 Points
12. Jockey Challenge. A fixed odds bet is available on selected horse race meetings based on predicting which of the named jockeys will score the most points. The following is a list of the number of points awarded for the relevant placing of the jockey's mount.
- First place - 25 Points
- Second Place - 10 Points
- Third Place - 5 Points
A Walkover is counted as a winner and allocated 25 points
The scoring is based on the jockey's intended mounts as published in the Racing Post on the day of the meeting. If for any reason the stated jockey does not ride their intended mount, the horse will still count for the purposes of the Jockey Challenge market as being ridden by the intended jockey. If the jockey rides another horse that he was not scheduled to ride according to that day's Racing Post, then that ride does not count towards the jockeys points total. Should a jockey's intended ride become a non-runner, points will be allocated as follows based on the price of the horse at the time of withdrawal:
- Odds-on - 15 Points
- Evens to - 5/1 inclusive 10 Points
- Over 5/1 - 5 Points
In the event of a jockey's mount being involved in a Dead Heat the total points will be equally divided (e.g. Dead Heat for 1st place = total points of 35, 1st and 2nd then equally divided = total points allocated as 17.5)
If a meeting is abandoned before all races involving the named jockeys have been run, or if one or more races involving a named jockey is declared void, then all bets will be void unless the result has already been determined.
13. Horse Race Match Bets. Horses match bets may take the form of a head to head match, or a selected group such as a threesome. The winner is the selection that obtains the best finishing position. If all horses fail to complete the course then all bets are void. Dead Heat rules apply with regard to finishing positions. Trotting match bets: If neither horse finishes in the prize money then bets void
14. SP place only bets are not accepted (with the exception of certain speciality bets). Where place only bets, or bets where the place part is in excess of the win, have been accepted in error, the difference will be void. For the purpose of settling each way doubles, trebles etc. they are calculated as 2 distinct bets, i.e. win to win and place to place. The place terms of each way bets at the Early Price (any price before Board price), Board Price (the first live show price sent from the course), or SP, are as follows:
- 2-4 Runners all on to win
- 5-7 Runners 1/4 1st, 2nd
- 8 or more Runners 1/5 1st, 2nd, 3rd
12 or more Runners 1/4 1st, 2nd, 3rd
16 or more Runners 1/4 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
For bets other than Antepost, the number of placed runners, as determined in our place betting rules, will be governed by the number of runners coming under starters orders and not by the number of runners, when the price is laid.
15. Settlement of Bets. In the event of no SP being returned from horse race winners, then the last industry price given will be used for settlement purposes. In the event that no industry price was used then the Tote eturn will be used for settling purposes and vice-versa. If neither price is declared bets will be void. Tote is a dividend paid out from the betting pool. The betting pool is generated from individuals placing money on a Tote bet.
16. Cash out is not available on racing.
17. Favourites and Numbered Selections. The favourite is the horse quoted at the shortest odds in the official starting price, the second favourite is the horse quoted at the next shortest price. If two horses are quoted at the shortest SP, then they will be joint first and second favourites. Bets on 1st or 2nd favourite are accepted win only at starting price. Each way bets on unnamed 1st or 2nd favourites are not accepted and if taken in error, the place part will be settled as a win stake. Early Prices or Board Prices cannot be taken on unnamed favourites. If a customer has backed an unnamed favourite and two or more co favourites are returned, the stake will be divided equally among them and paid at full odds. If a favourite is withdrawn, not under starters orders and no new market is formed, that favourite will be treated as a non runner.
18. Withdrawals. When a horse is withdrawn, before coming under starters orders, or is deemed by the starter to have taken no part in the race, stakes will be refunded on that selection.
19. Board/Show/SP prices. When a horse has been withdrawn then the remaining bets will be subject to Tattersalls Rule 4, incurring deductions according to the price of the non runner at the time of withdrawal. However, should a new market be formed before the 'off' of a race, then only bets with a price taken prior to the time of withdrawal will be affected.
20. Early Prices. The same applies for Early Prices with the exception that the value of the Tattersalls Rule 4 will be decided by the price of the withdrawn selection at the time that the bet was placed.
21. Exactas. Should the customer’s combination exacta contain non-runners, unaffected exactas will stand, bets containing non-runners will be void and stakes returned.
22. Restarted Races. In the event of a false start etc. resulting in a race being re-run, 'under starters orders' is negated and stakes will be refunded on horses not taking part in the re-run, with returns on the remaining runners subject to Tattersalls Rule 4. The number of runners taking part in the re-run governs place terms.
23. Information and rules for racing in other countries. Bets are accepted for all races abroad where we advertise acceptance. In races where an industry SP is made available, all bets will be settled at these prices, unless requested otherwise. In instances where no industry SP is made available, bets will be settled at Pari-Mutuel/Tote returns. Win and Each-way for foreign pools: Horses in the same ownership are generally coupled on the win pool only. In certain countries, e.g. USA and Belgium, horses are coupled for all pools. The place part of each way bets will be settled in accordance to the returned place dividends. Bets will be settled in accordance to the rules in place at each track. Place only bets are not accepted and, if taken in error will be void. In countries where bookmakers operate and an official SP is returned, bets are accepted in accordance with our Horse Racing Rules and we will advertise any additional rules, applicable to the country concerned. Unnamed favourites are not accepted in races abroad, unless an official SP is returned. Any bets taken in error, will be void.
24. First Past the Post/Official Result. We pay-out on both the First Past the Post Result and the Official Result on all win and each way singles and multiples on horse racing in the UK and Ireland. Subject to the following exceptions where we will pay the Official Result only:
- Antepost Bets
- Tote or Pari Mutual bets
- Forecasts and Tricasts
- A void race
- A selection carrying the wrong weight or the jockey failing to weigh in
- A selection taking the wrong course
- A selection given as a winner or placed, in error by the judge
- Incorrect transmission of a result
- An amended result given after the Official Result is declared, for example after successful appeal
- Any bets placed on "Favourite Points", "Distances", "Without the Favourite" or "Special Match Bet" markets
- Two runner races
25. Reserve Horses. On occasion some races may contain reserve horses. These can be offered with or without an Early Price. The finishing position of any reserves will count regardless of whether a price was offered or not. If a reserve horse is offered with an Early Price and becomes a non runner then normal Tattersalls Rule 4 deduction will be applied as a result of the withdrawal. Should a reserve horse be declared as an official runner at the racecourse before the deadline stage and if then is subsequently withdrawn, normal Tattersalls Rule 4 rules will apply to the reserve horse from this point.
25. Dead Heats. When a Dead Heat occurs for first place, the stake money on the winning selection will be divided by the number of winners and full odds paid on the reduced stake. The remainder of the stake is lost. Where an each way bet involves a Dead Heat winner, the win part of the bet will be settled as above and the place part will be settled in full, in accordance with the relevant place terms. Should the Dead Heat involve placed selections and results in more than the allocated number of places, then the stakes will be divided, as before and settled to the full place terms.
26. Tattersalls Rule 4. When a selection is withdrawn prior to the start of an event, remaining selections may be subject to this Rule 4. The following table lists the rate of deduction dependent on the price of the withdrawn selection. The Rule 4 will be determined by the price of the withdrawn selection at the time that the bet was placed unless superseded by an individual rule for that sport.
|Price at time of withdrawal||Amount deducted from winnings|
|1/9 or shorter||90p in the £|
|2/11 to 2/17||85p in the £|
|1/4 to 1/5||80p in the £|
|3/10 to 2/7||75p in the £|
|2/5 to 1/3||70p in the £|
|8/15 to 4/9||65p in the £|
|8/13 to 4/7||60p in the £|
|4/5 to 4/6||55p in the £|
|20/21 to 5/6||50p in the £|
|evens to 6/5||45p in the £|
|5/4 to 6/4||40p in the £|
|13/8 to 7/4||35p in the £|
|15/8 to 9/4||30p in the £|
|5/2 to 3/1||25p in the £|
|10/3 to 4/1||20p in the £|
|9/2 to 11/2||15p in the £|
|6/1 to 9/1||10p in the £|
|10/1 to 14/1||*we do not apply rule 4's of 5p in the £|
|If over 14/1 then no deduction.|
In the event of more than one selection priced between 10/1 and 14/1 being withdrawn prior to the start of an event, remaining selections will be subject to the relevant Rule 4.
27. Voiding of bets – Unibet reserves the right to void all racing and greyhound bets should the following occur:
- Bets placed after the off - result is known
- The odds displayed a clear and obvious error
- Bets placed while the website was encountering technical problems, that would otherwise not be accepted
A result affected by criminal actions
The following are the limits that can be won by a single customer in respect of any one-day's business in respect of greyhound racing.
• £25,000 - Greyhound racing where all the selections are in races governed by a full official service within the UK or Ireland, broadcast live by SIS or an alternative provider, including shows, offs, results and live pictures and races covered live by Sky Sports.
• £10,000 - All other greyhound races where we advertise acceptance.
- The Horse Racing Rules apply , except where they are superseded by the following rules, which are specifically applicable to greyhound racing.
- Bets on named greyhounds which do not run will be made void but if the trap number only is selected then the reserve will be substituted.
- Bets are accepted win or each way at SP; Show Price or Early Price if available.
- Place only bets are not accepted and if taken in error they will be voided.
- Place terms: In races of 5-7 runners we pay 1/4 odds 1st and 2nd places. In races of 8 runners, we pay 1/5 odds 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- Where races have fewer than 5 runners, the place money goes all on to win.
- All bets on unnamed greyhound favourites or trap numbers, must state the correct time and meeting, however, where the meeting is omitted but the collective race times can only apply to one particular meeting, then the bets will stand for that meeting. If the time applies to more than one main meeting stakes will be equally proportioned for settlement purposes.
- Greyhound bets on unnamed second favourites are not accepted and if taken in error they will be made void.
- Trap Challenges: Applies to BAGS (bookmakers afternoon greyhound service/BEGS (bookmakers evening greyhound service) races unless stated otherwise. Bets stand irrespective of non runners, vacant traps or void races. If fewer than half the races of the Trap Challenge take place, all bets are void. In the event of a Dead Heat each dog is awarded half a point, a third of a point for a three way DeadHeat etc. In the event of two or more trap numbers sharing the highest number of wins, Dead Heat rules apply.
- 3-2-1 Specials: Which trap will achieve the highest points total? Available at selected meetings as advertised. Scoring as follows 1st: 3 points, 2nd: 2 points, 3rd: 1 point. In the event of one race being declared void or abandoned all bets will stand. In the event of two or more races being void or abandoned, then all bets will be made void, unless further results could not affect the outcome. Dead Heat rules apply. Bets stand irrespective of any non runners.
- Winning Distances: are available at selected meetings as advertised. Maximum make up per race is ten lengths. In the event of a race being declared void or abandoned and not re-run, 2 lengths will be awarded. In the event of two or more races being declared void or abandoned all bets will be made void, unless further races could not affect the result.
- Winning Favourites: Available at selected meetings as advertised. Points are awarded for each race as follows; 25 points awarded if the favourite finishes first, 10 points awarded if the favourite finishes second. In the event of two or more runners being joint favourites, the lowest numbered trap will be deemed the selection for the favourites market.
- In the event of one race being declared void or abandoned then 10 points will be awarded. In the event of two or more races being declared void or abandoned then all bets will be made void, unless further races could not affect the result.
- If a greyhound is withdrawn from a race, bets placed prior to the withdrawal at Early or Show Prices will be settled at SP.
Unibet virtual racing offers 24/7 Horse and Greyhound races, available every few minutes in each code.
Win and fixed odds place bets are available, as well as standard each way bets at 1/5th first 3 places.
Betting will be available up to a few seconds before the scheduled race off time (countdown)
The win and place results will be shown after the completion of each race with full results available within the results tab on the racing platform.
Should a user’s connection fail after a bet is placed, the bet will be settled with details available in the bet history/ statement and full result in the results tab.
In the event of a race malfunction at source then all bets will be made void.
Should any bet be taken after the result is known then Unibet reserves the right to void all bets.
Last updated 31/07/2023