6.1 The Unibet Rules as published in English and as amended from occasionally govern the Contract. Translations into other languages are made as a service and in good faith. In the event of discrepancy between the English version and a translation, the English version shall prevail.
6.2 The Account Holder is advised to comply with applicable legislation in the jurisdiction in which they are domiciled and/or resident. Unibet does not provide advice to the Account Holder regarding tax and/or legal matters. Should the Account Holder wish to obtain advice regarding tax and legal matters, they are advised to contact appropriate advisers and/or authorities in the jurisdiction in which they are domiciled and/or resident.
6.3 In the event of Unibet being found liable in any way by a court of law and/or a similar authority with legal competence and/or jurisdiction over Unibet, then Unibet's liability is limited to the amount of the stake, or the Account Holder’s net winnings, whichever is the lesser. Alternatively, when relevant and applicable, the amount recorded in the Unibet Account or the amount transferred into or out of the Unibet Account, whichever is the lesser.
6.4 Unibet reserves the right, at all times, to resolve any dispute, at its own discretion, in accordance with principles of equity.
6.5 Unibet is not affiliated or connected with sports teams, event organisers, or players displayed on its websites, and does not claim any intellectual property rights relating to their name and image, which are used strictly in order to provide the Services.
6.6 Unibet makes no representation or warranty, explicit or implicit, as to the legal rights of the Account Holder to participate in the Services, nor shall any of Unibet’s employees, licensees, distributors, wholesalers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, agents or retailers have the authority to make any such representation or warranty. The Account Holder shall not use the Services, open, use or reuse a Unibet Account, enter the Website, nor accept any Prize if the Account Holder does not fully understand, agree to, wish to become a party to, and comply with, without exception, all the Unibet Rules contained herein, and as these may be amended from time to time.
6.7 Unibet does not acknowledge or accept any liability for damage and/or losses to an Account Holder and/or a third party caused directly and/or indirectly due to the Account Holder:
- a. making deposits to his Unibet Account via a third party’s Card or account;
- b. requesting withdrawals from his Unibet Account to a third party’s account;
- c. providing incorrect details of his personal account for the purpose of withdrawals from his Unibet Account;
- d. allowing third parties to use his Unibet Account to make deposits to or withdrawals from his Unibet Account.
6.8 The Account Holder should take all appropriate measures to protect the data and/or Software stored on their computer against all damage of any sort or intrusion.
6.9 The connection to the Website and the participation of the Account Holder in any Service is under the Account Holder’s responsibility.
6.10 Unibet does not acknowledge or accept any liability whatsoever for damage and/or losses to an Account Holder and/or a third party caused directly and/or indirectly due to any:
- a. mistake, misprint, misinterpretation, mishearing, misreading, mistranslation, spelling mistake, fault in reading, transaction error, technical failure, technical hazard, registration error, manifest error, cancellation of a game for any reason, Force Majeure and/or any other similar event;
- b. violation of the Unibet Rules;
- c. collusion and/or criminal actions;
- d. advice provided by Unibet;
- e. failure of Unibet’s central computer system or any part thereof; delays, losses, errors or omissions resulting from failure of any telecommunications or any other data transmission system; and/or
- f. financial risk and loss, including but not limited to variances in exchange rates;
6.11 The Account Holder understands that the Services offered on the Website are for entertainment value only. The Account Holder is not required to use the Services, and such participation, if elected by the Account Holder, is at the Account Holder's sole choice, discretion and risk. The Account Holder’s interest in the Services and the Website is personal, and not professional. The Account Holder enters the Website for their sole personal entertainment. Any other entrance, access, use or reuse of the Services and/or the Website by the Account Holder/Player is prohibited.
6.12 The SMS notification service is purely for the benefit of the Account Holder. Unibet does not acknowledge or accept any liability whatsoever should there be a mistake in the content of the SMS notifications or should the Account Holder fail to receive the SMS notification(s).
6.13 All Prizes won through competitions, promotions and/or poker tournaments organised by Unibet will be sent within an estimated and not guaranteed delay of six weeks from the end of the competition, promotion or tournament.
6.14 Should the Account Holder’s participation in the Services be interrupted by a failure of the telecommunication system, or of the Account Holder’s computer system, preventing them from continuing to use the Services after they have placed a wager, Unibet shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its approved computer system enables the Account Holder to resume, upon restoration of the system, the Account Holder’s participation in the Services as at the time immediately before the interruption. If Unibet's system does not enable the Account Holder to do so, Unibet shall:
- a. ensure that the game is terminated;
- b. refund the amount of the wager to the Account Holder in their Unibet Account.
6.15 Should a Service miscarry after starting due to a failure on the part of Unibet's computer operating system, Unibet shall:
- a. refund the amount wagered in the Service, and if the Account Holder has an accrued credit at the time the Service miscarries, credit the monetary value of the credit to the Account Holder’s Unibet Account or, if the said account no longer exists, by paying it to the Account Holder in an approved manner;
- b. immediately inform the Regulator of the circumstances of the incident;
- c. refrain from conducting a further Service if the Service is likely to be affected by the same failure.
6.16 Participation in the Services implies knowledge and acceptance of the limits of the Internet, especially:
- a. technical capacity, response time for consultation, interrogation or transfer of information, risk of interruption, and in general risks inherent in any connection and transmission failure;
- b. failure in the protection of data;
- c. contamination risks by potential viruses circulating on the net.
Hence, without prejudice to other clauses of this Disclaimer section, Unibet shall not be responsible for (including but not limited to):
- a. transmission and/or reception of any data and/or information on the Internet;
- b. any dysfunction of the network preventing the good progress of any game;
- c. failure of any reception material or communication circuit;
- d. loss of any data;
- e. any damage caused by a virus, computing bug or technical failure;
- f. any damage caused to the materiel of the Player, including hardware and software;
- g. any failure preventing or limiting participation in a game, or a failure damaging the Account Holder’s system, including their hardware and software.
6.17 Gaming material (whether electronically obtained or obtained by other means) is automatically invalid if counterfeited, mutilated, forged, altered or tampered with in any way, or if illegible, mechanically or electronically reproduced, obtained outside authorised legitimate channels, or if it contains printing, production, typographical, mechanical, electronic or any other errors.
6.18 Unibet is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected or ‘postage due’ mail, requests, Prize claims or entries.
6.19 Unibet’s liability for any error or malfunction included in the games is limited to replacement. Unibet shall not be liable for playing device malfunctions nor attempts by the Account Holder to use the Services by methods, means or ways not intended by Unibet.
6.20 The Account Holder shall hold Unibet, its employees, officers, directors, licensees, distributors, wholesalers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, agents and retailers harmless and shall fully indemnify the same from any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages whatsoever that may arise as a result of Account Holder's:
- a. entry, use or reuse of the Website;
- b. use of any Website material;
- c. entry, use or reuse of the servers used to provide the Services;
- d. entry, use or reuse of a Client Application;
- e. participation in the games, chat functionalities and Services; or
- f. the acceptance of any Prize.
6.21 Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall Unibet, its Software and Client application, software suppliers, subsidiary companies, or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use of or the inability to use Unibet's or its suppliers’ products, Client Application and/or materials. The Account Holder specifically acknowledges and agrees that Unibet is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any Account Holder. If the Account Holder is dissatisfied with any Service, or with any of the present Unibet Rules, the Account Holder's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Services.
6.22 The Account Holder understands, acknowledges and accepts that any resemblance of names, circumstances or conditions used, depicted, described or suggested in the games operated on the Website with reality is entirely coincidental and unintended.
6.23 The Account Holder understands that Unibet reserves the right to change or remove any of its Services at any time.
6.24 The Account Holder shall review the Unibet Rules as posted on the Website on a regular basis, and not less than once a month.